Since the time I was in grade school, I have loved planning and organizing. So when I started homeschooling, I was thrilled to head to the teacher supply store and grab the best lesson planner I could find.
I found a big, red teacher’s planner. On the front cover was a picture of an apple, a chalkboard, and a ruler. There is no feeling quite like that of empty pages waiting to be filled. I was tickled and immediately began filling it with daily lessons. I put the subjects across the top of the two-page spread, and days of the week down the left side.
Even though the blocks without lines, seating charts for 50 students, and attendance charts didn’t fit what I needed, I faithfully drug it out each day and filled in the blocks with lessons. There was much modifying, but I was homeschooling in 1995. Resources were limited.
Today, publishers have listened to homeschool families and are producing so much material meant to answer all needs that it boggles the mind. Now, a single planner might cover all aspects of life, not just school planning.
Heather Bowen has created a brand new “everything planner”: The Homeschool Mom Life Binder. fNow, this is a planner I can get behind!
The Homeschool Mom Life Binder includes planning pages for:
- Monthly Planning: Calendars, goals & dates to remember
- Weekly Planning: Lists and menus
- Household Planning: Detailed menu planning, cleaning schedules, kitchen inventories, household projects, shopping lists and even a log to keep track of your passwords
- Financial Management: Bills, budgeting, gifts and holiday planning
- Homeschool Planning: Grades and attendance, monthly & weekly planning pages for 1-4 students, field trip & reading logs, a unit study planner and even a digital curriculum inventory form!
- Personal Planning: Prayer lists, fitness plans and trackers, goals and contacts.
You will never need another planner. This one has it all, and then some!
- Purchase once and use it over and over.
- It is undated, so it is re-usable year after year.
- Print only the forms that you need. No tearing out pages, no repurposing to make them fit what you want.
- Change your planner from year to year as your needs change.
- Create just the planner YOU want, YOUR way, with YOUR choice of binding and covers.
- Several choices of covers to choose from!
- Use it to manage not only your homeschool planning needs, but have your budgets, cleaning routines and menus all at your fingertips.
- The only thing I didn’t like was the amount of time it took me to go through all the things I was able to use. Terrific Product!
Even if you are not a homeschool family, this planner provides everything to keep you organized.
Review of Mom’s Tool Belt
Mom’s Tool Belt is a custom planner in that there are many possibilities of what you may want to print out so far as pages. It is advertised as “Mom’s Household Planner for ALL seasons,” because of the variety of printable pages. This planner is for all areas of your life, not just school.
Please note that I am an affiliate for MomsToolBelt.com. This does not change the price for you, but helps with costs of operating this site. I am sharing this product because I love it and highly recommend it!
- The possibilities are truly endless. There are a ton of printables, and you can pick and choose as many as you want.
- You can get a lifetime membership that allows you access to all future updates.
- The cost at $24.95, is minimal for what you get. The following is a list of what’s included.
- At-A-Glance calendar pages -I use these both for personal and business planning!
- Covers and spines to coordinate with your calendar pages
- Household budget pages
- Lots of homeschool planning and organizational pages
- Home maintenance and chore pages
- Menu planning (one of my favorite pages) and complete recipe binder pages
- Shopping lists and blank lists for all reasons
- Medical records
- Pages to record goals for the year
These are just a few of the many pages you can print as many times as you want for your planners.
- I found that there was so much to choose from that it was a good day’s work getting it set up initially, but after that setup, it was easy to update.
- Really, the initial setup was the only drawback, and for the benefits I received, it’s not much of a “con”! Each year, I take about an hour to update the planner and I’m all set. Even though I no longer have kids at home, I find Mom’s Tool Belt to be very useful.
I have chosen these two planners because I liked them both. I struggled to find one that provided everything I wanted for my family, but with these two, I can choose what I want and not use what I don’t. I never feel like I wasted my money. I hope you find something you can use for your family on this page!
Please feel free to leave any questions or comments you may have. And if you would like me to review something for you, just drop me a line below.
This post may contain affiliate links, which cost you nothing, but do help to support this site’s maintenance and fees.